Environmentally Friendly Roofing Options Newcastle
In this ever-changing modern world construction of your dream house has a lot of varied options. Now while modern technology is being used to construct houses, there is a lot of eco-friendly option to build your house.
One of the most important aspects of a house is its roof. When it comes to roofing there are multiple options from which you can choose.
Some people want a roof on a limited budget, some are conscious about the look, others want it to last for a long time and some think about getting a suitable roof that keeps the home cooler.
Types of Environmentally Friendly Roofs
There are many options available for roofing in the market. It depends on what kind of roof you have been looking for. Each roof has its own pros and cons. Here is a list of all the roofing options at hcroof.com.au.
- Cool Roof: The most famous roofing option as of today is the cool roof. This eco-friendly roof contains a mixture of white glue and gravel.
The materials used help in reflecting sunlight hence the amount of heat that is absorbed goes down drastically. These roofs last longer than the roofs which are generally used by us.
If you live in an area that is highly exposed to high temperatures. A cool roof is a good option to consider but it has a very high installation cost.
- Wood Shingles Roof: If you are the kind of person who likes to consider the outer look of your house, this kind of roofing would be a perfect choice.
IT gives your house a classic rusty look. This is one of the most popular roofing options for many people. The best part of this roofing is that it has the ability to be recycled into different wood products which many people can use.
They are a costly option if you don’t have any wood mills nearby. These roofs last for a minimum of 15-20 years and you might have to spend a lot on the maintenance of the roof to ensure that they do not rot.
- Metal Roofs: These roofs can be used with recycled material or new products. They have a similar property like a cool roof.
They reflect the heat and keep your home cooler thus reducing your air conditioning usage and last for a long time. They might be eco-friendly but are not a cheap option.
It gets very noisy when there is a hail storm which may also cause damage to the roof. You may be able to see dents on the roof.
- Solar Roofing: The modern scientific roofing option is called a solar roof. It is a very new prospect of eco-friendly roofing. Solar panels are installed on your existing roof.
You may find this as a very expensive option but in time to come, you will be saving a lot on your electricity bills. These solar panels would absorb the sunlight and convert them into usable electricity.
- Living Roofs: This eco-friendly roofing option allows you to install actual gardens on your roof. This roofing option can help in boosting the air quality around your home.